Monday, May 12, 2008

My French Brit



This past semester my Children's Lit professor mentioned organization that she had been involved in called the Potter League. She mentioned that she volunteered at the animal shelter and walked dogs. I thought How cool, walking dogs for a job (even if you don't get paid). So I signed up, went through orientation, and that was that.


The first dog that I walked was called Zeb. He was a sweet old guy, and he was happy with just walking around the field and hanging out. I got to walk a few other sweeties too. As time went by, many of them found homes. The barking beagle Nathan, bratty Astro, even Elvis the crazy dog. But not Zeb.


Skipping over a lot of details, Zeb now has a home. With me. I told myself I wouldn't bring home a dog because everyone in that shelter was meant to make a family happy. Zeb just fit though; I could tell he would be one of us. And he is.


No comments: