Friday, December 19, 2008

Such Sweet Sorrow

So here it is, the last time I write from France on this blog. How is it already here? I cannot believe my bags are (mostly) packed and ready for the haul back to Long Island. It is time to go home, no matter how much it hurts me to leave here. Time to go home.


























Home is where the heart is. Problem is, part of my heart belongs to Paris. It'll be an adjustment once I get back, but I need to be with my family. I need to be with my friends. I need to be with my puppers. That's where my real home is.





























I've made a home for myself here, but I'll be content to live with my memories of it until the next time I return. It won't be the same, of course. I won't have Carmen there, and I won't be picking out the pastry of the day to eat in class, but it'll be wonderful all the same. It's Paris. How can it not be?











I've had some pretty rough days here. But all the same, a bad day in Paris is better than no day in Paris at all. I've grown and learned.





























The little clarinet player who lives above me is playing Jingle Bells. Squeaking Jingle Bells. Same difference. (Ugh, maybe it's bagpipes??) Well, my dears, this is it. I am going to go zip up my suitcase and get ready for sleep, because tomorrow is going to be a wicked long day. It's been a pleasure sharing my travels and experiences with everyone.






















And so, unless you are the fam, (in which case I will be seeing you in a little over twenty-four hours) happy holidays, be healthy, be happy, say hello once I'm home, et...

















AU REVOIR!!!

No comments: