Monday, September 29, 2008

Flashback


As I sit in my room, I can hear the metro leaving for it's next destination. I see the Eiffel Tower sparkling away. Will this eventually become routine for me? Will my breath still catch at the size and splendor of the Tour when I walk by it? Mon Dieu, I hope so. I believe that the magic of this city will hold for me. ANYWAY. Before I start posting pictures of the Tour au nuit, or mon appartement I have to finish up with Cannes. The picture of "en greve" is the French doing what they do best: going on strike. As long as the metro doesn't go on strike while I'm here, carry on!


Thursday night before we left Carmen, Hayden and I got spiffed up and went into town for some fine dessert and wine. Since it was evening and France has this thing about not working late and closing early, we brought everything back to the dorm and classily drank and dined in Carma's room. It was fun to walk around in my dress though!














Wine and chocolate, mes amis. Wine and chocolate. What a wonderful night.

















After two baby bottles of wine I proceeded to spend a good portion of the night in the crack of Carmen's bed (hey, it was comfortable). I was sad because I was holding some crumbs that I had flung onto Carma's computer.






So yes, that concludes pictures from Cannes. However, I have to go study for my placement exam tomorrow (ughhh). Donc! I will update when possible. Bisous!! **

No comments: