Sunday, September 28, 2008

The last time I saw Paris...

Leaving Cannes, Evan pulled out his French/English dictionary and started reading, starting with "a", then "abraisser", followed by "abandonner" (why do I remember this??)









We had a 5 hour train ride on the high speed TGV (Note: G in French is pronounced J. J is pronounced as G. So it's really the "Tay Jay Vay"). I read a bit of my book (I'm up to page 100 already!) and listened to... oh goodness... Paramore?! Yes, that is Misery Business shown in the picture on the right. (Dear readers, unless your name is Ben, please continue on to the next paragraph and do not worry about your confusion.)



It feels so good to finally be in Paris. I have literally been counting down since I got back from France in June. Being in Cannes was like a giant sieste (nap) with a beach and palm trees. But Paris, oh my goodness. The lights! The people! The architecture! The museums! The FOOD! Maybe I won't come back in December... kidding !!!












I'm living in the 15eme arrondisement in an apartment practically under le Tour Eiffel. Well, I may as well. I do have a view of the incredible structure from my bedroom window. AM I DREAMING?!?! I will write all about the family and living situation tomorrow.








Today Carmen and I woke up, ate breakfast of Frosties (Frosted Flakes, der) and then went to the market across the street. There were vendors with fresh baguette, vegetables, flowers. The smells were overwhelming. It was like living in a story. A delightful story.

Afterwards, we took a short promenade (walk) over to the Eiffel Tower. May I emphasize short? Because, I do live right there. HAHAH. I let Carma lead the way since this is her first time in Paris and I am teaching her to orient herself around. How cool is that?!
We took goofy pictures and had fun running around the giant map of Europe. If you notice on the one picture of la Tour there are stars, at night the whole tower is lit up blue (which I will soon be visiting after finishing writing!!) It looks like the European Union flag. You'll see it soon. PROMISE!
Yet again, for Ben: I went to Germany!! Thumbs up.
Proof Carmen is real! She and I are going to go be toursists again. Tomorrow we have a meeting and get our suitcases (Friday we handed out suitcases to AIFS people so they could drive them up to Paris. I had to bring a duffel with all my stuff up here, and I would like fresh clothes!!). I will update with pictures of the apartment soon! With love, from the 15eme <3

No comments: