Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Toujours


As promised, pictures of the Tour lit up.























































Karen, this one goes out to you. I am glad that you are okay. I mourn the Jeep, but goodness I'm just really glad you're okay.


































While at the Tour, Carm and I sat a distance away waiting for it to sparkle at midnight (every hour it sparkles for five minutes). While we were sitting a man and his huuge English Sheepdog walked by. When I said "hi puppy!" the dog ran over to me and I had my first pupper interaction for two and a half weeks. The dog's name was Guzel, which means 'beautiful' in Turkish. The man was very sweet for letting me hug his dog.
















Alors, my placement exam was today. It was not that long at all, but I think I was mentally prepared for a test like the SATs or the Praxis exams where there are 50 questions for 4 or 5 sections. I am not sure I did that well by my standards, but I evaluated things. Intermediate by the Sorbonne level does not necessarily match intermediate for Salve. If I need to be in an elementary class to help me communicate better, so be it. I realize my writing needs a buttload of help (where did that expression ever arise from?!) so if that's what needs to be done, cool! Either way, I am in Paris. I get to ride the metro every day, which I love. I have fresh baguette and St. Moret cheese at my disposal. I can see the Eiffel Tower from my window!! I can legally drink wine!! I really really love my life right now, and I'm not going to let this silly exam get me down! Phew, it felt good to get that out.







Anyway, this is the Eiffel Tower. Again.
















































Poking the Eiffel Tower!














Dear Mommy, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.



















Sparkling at midnight :)



















Oh, if anyone wants to write to me, ask for my address! I finally got it, so I'll send it to you!













C'est moi. Merci, Carmen! Anyway, it's wicked cold here today. Picture the classic overcast, chilly, gray drizzly Parisian day. That's today. Don't get me wrong, fall is my FAVORITE season but I'm quite content with sitting in bed today watching Blades of Glory. I don't start classes until the 9th (wtf France) so I have plenty of time to explore. Going to go continue my movie. Pictures of l'apparetement will be up soon mama smudge, I promise. Tout le monde: BISOUS!

No comments: