Sunday, October 5, 2008

Nuit Blanche


Nuit Blanche... I don't even know where to begin. I'll commentary the pictures and then explain the insanity that was my night.























I left my apartment and headed over to the rue du Rivoli where the Tour Saint-Jacques had some funky art on it. Whatever. I got a crepe and wandered around the Louvre and then headed up to the Opera Garnier. I absolutely adore walking around this city.

















This was a random light, I thought it was the Batman sign or something.



































This was at the Gare de l'Est. Okay. This guy took a panel and let paint drip down it.

























There were these awesome mixes of colors, and he would also take an airbrush and smoosh the colors around. It was then projected onto the Terminus Est....





















... like so. HOW FREAKING COOL.



























It legit looked like there was paint dripping down the building.

























Needless to say, I spent two and a half hours outside watching the colors. Easily entertained? You betcha. Plus I really connected to the expression in this, it was incredible.





















Ohhh pink and blue :)
















SO. After watching this spectacle it was about 2am. I decided to head back to my apartment since the metro shuts down at 2:30. All was going well, until some idiot decided to commit suicide on the line that I was taking. This was fate intervening, because as I walked down another metro line, I ran into Kathryn and Matt who go to Salve also. I ended up following them on a cross-city adventure which involved men with bloody faces and taking a bus past Moulin Rouge. I didn't get home until 4:40am, but what are the chances, people?



Today is the first Sunday of the month so many of the museums are free. I'm thinking of heading over to the Rodin in a little bit, and then maybe l'Orangerie. I would spend the whole day at the Orsay, HOWEVER, Tuesday I will be joining a membership that they have. 18 euro and I have unlimited accesss for a year. Granted I won't be here for a year, but I will be frequenting the Orsay quite often since it holds the Impressionist loves of my life, so I think it is totally worth it. UNLIMITED MONET??? Count me in.



I'm going to find clothes and a fork, because it is tuna time my dear readers. Bisous, bisous.

1 comment:

Devan said...

i'm commenting in hopes that you'll be able to find my blog : )