Friday, November 21, 2008

Je retornerai pour Noel...


I'll be home for Christmas. 29 days and I will be on a plane headed for JFK. Home for the holidays. With the people I love, the people I have missed so much.




In 29 days I leave Paris behind. I don't know when I'll be back. In June I knew for sure I'd be back. Now I don't know when I'll see this city again.
I cannot believe how quickly my time here has gone by. I really believe part of me belongs here. Part of me feels like this is... home. Home is where the heart is, and I know part of my heart will always, always be here. Despite all the challenges, I love Paris.
29 days? How can I enjoy everything this city has to offer in only 29 days??! So much time is taken up with classes, then studying for exams and preparing for these dossiers (term papers, 10 pages in French, death). I guess I will really master time management, because I am determined to do it all.






Don't fret, my readers aux Etats-Unis. I shall return. And I will be so excited to see you. I'll be home for Christmas... and leave Paris to my dreams.

No comments: