Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Perouges


Exam tomorrow? Why, of course I'll update my blog! Plus I can't study and eat dinner, that's just wrong. Alright, you are about to see some pictures from Perouges, a French village about a half hour outside of Lyon that dates back to le Moyen Age (Middle Ages). It is one of Vanessa's favorite places to go, and I completely understand why.







Drive for 30 minutes and you find yourself in la campagne. There were COWS and HORSES and MOUNTAINS! MOUNTAINS!!! I think that hills in RI are mountains, but these were definite mountains.









Oh, pretty pansies!


Oh my goodness, I just love love love autumn.



Look how cool this place is!!! People actually live here. "Hey, my house has been around since forever."










More mountains!!!!!!






This is where galette comes from. It's that thing that looks like a pizza. But it's not pizza. It's like... hmm how do you explain it. "Galette is a general term used in French to designate different types of round and flat crusty cakes." (Thanks wikipedia). It is round. Flat. Thicker than a crepe. But sooooo goooood.
However, good luck finding it anywhere else. This is me, having an experience that you may never have in your life. A scrumptious, delicious experience. Miam miam! (yum yum)

No comments: