Sunday, June 15, 2008

Chambord

The skyline of Chambord is truly breathtaking.




































And the double-helix staircase is really incredible too. I just thought it was a windy staircase and didn't understand why it was so cool.

































Looking up the center...







































Then Prof. Mitchell made me go down one side, and he and Courtney went down another. We were on two different staircases !
















































It took so long for this place to be built. At one point, it was abandonded for 70 years.












































Looking out over the fields.














Moat!



















"I use antlers in all of my decorating..." Yes, another Beauty and the Beast reference.


















I love old windows. :)














Looking up a chandelier.

No comments: