Friday, June 6, 2008

Saumur

Today we went to Saumur which is about 20 minutes outside of Angers. It is even "quainter" than Angers, definatly more Beauty and the Beast-er. Complete with a chateau! Our group split into two sanctions: the guys, and the girls + Professor Mitchell. We got Mitchell to sing Beauty and the Beast as we walked around.

This is just one of the corners of the Chateau Saumur. They are doing some stuff inside so we weren't allowed to see the interior, but we walked around the outskirts and got to look down on the city. I decided that it would be my retirement location. Mark my words, I will live in a tiny French village. (And wake up to say... Bonjour! There goes the baker with his tray like always.......)













My camera died before I got to the chateau (it didn't have a chance) so the people that I was with graciously let me get some shots. This is one that I took looking through the little things in the wall. (I keep using very general words because it is after 11pm and I can't think of specifics).













You can never go wrong with a picture looking up. I took this with Courtney's camera.










The chateau was closed, but that didn't stop me from running up the stairs into my humble abode. This is just my spring home though, it's nbd. No big deal. Haha I'm such a doof.















The girls.












The girls + Professor Mitchell












MAMAN !
Je t'aime ! :)

And last but not least, a kind of full view of the chateau. Also, something to know about Saumur, it's really big on training horses and people how to ride them. There's a whole professional school on it.








The school was about 15 minutes away from the chateau so we didn't venture out there. However, they had a little exhibition with some information on all their horse stuff.








Photo credit goes to Nina here, thank you for letting me nab these! Anyway, they had a horse equipment exhibition and then a history of Saumur. I spent about 10 minutes in there reading just the one panel, but... look at that again... I READ IT. Boo yahhhhh. I wish I could work more on grammatical French and learning more vocabulary, but I definatly am getting a lot by being in the environment and surrounding myself with it.









Some horses trottin' around town. They smelt very bad.












The Loire river!













We signed the guestbook: "Il est tres beau! - Salve Regina" Someone was more creative and drew the freaking chateau. Complete with flying birds!




No comments: