Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mardi

It's been a loonnggg weekend. I have been having such terrible allergies! It makes me so tired that I do what I must during the day, then go back to my room and crash. I also got sunburn (ouch) and there has been some unnecessary catiness amongst some people in the group. Regardless, I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by.


This week I will be updating with lots of pictures of chateaus! Today we went inside the Chateau d'Angers which was very beautiful. Want some picures? Okay good.
Enterence to the chateau. Flag blowing in the wind. Not much to say.
















I love doorways. So, I took a picture of one.




P.S. I am eating dinner as I write this, and I just had the most delicious tuna. I don't know if it tasted really good because I'm hungry, or if it was just really good tuna.



















I also enjoy looking through things to take pictures.

















Panorama of Angers!



















Oh look, c'est moi.




















Kick-ass garden, no?


























More chateau-y garden stuff.




















As I mentioned in a previous entry, I loveee French children. And since I will not be working with kids in a classroom setting until January, I am taking advantage of seeing all the kids around me. This one was walking on the ledge of the chateau with her father... but you have to understand... that ledge goes straight down. I thought these two were cute though.


















More itty bitty ones. These were being shown falconry.













Follow the signs to the Apocolypse !!!













The sign was referring to the Apocolypse Tapestries, but I thought it was kind of funny. Ha ha ha. Anyway, I think that this qualifies as one of the coolest things I have seen on this trip so far. It was commissioned in 1375 and finished around 1382. It is about 100m long and has 70 scenes of the Apocolypse.
After class I exchanged my money at the Poste. While I was waiting for my number to be called I saw a baby sitting in it's stroller. We played peek-a-boo for a bit which made me happy. Then Lauren and I went to H&M and did a little bit of shopping.
The weather has been very hot for the past two days. According to my Motherly Weather Report, the weather in Angers is nothing compared to what it is at home, which I would believe. Mom is in summer mode, which means no make up, no jewelry, no nothin'. I am just grateful that is has not been raining buckets recently as it did when we first got here.
Tomorrow I have to be downstairs at 7:15, which means I have to get up tres early. So, I am going to do some reading for classes and then get to sleep early. Bisous !

No comments: